FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Asheron's Call 2, has come back to life! Support plz :)?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 am

Asheron's Call 2, has come back to life! Support plz :)?

If you didn't already know Asheron's Call 2 was put back online on the 13th at 10pm EST by Turbine as a "Christmas Gift". Essentially their internal devs for AC1 missed AC2 so much they worked on updating the engine to work with their current infrastructure on their own time. They then went "Sure, let's go", and you can login & play AC2 if you have an active sub for AC1 :).

If you're interested, and don't have an AC1 sub, buy AC1 and get 30days free then you can just download the game and play :)!

ISboxer works relatively ok, but the screen resizing doesn't work so you have to move the windows yourself.

The mouse also escapes the window and moves across the screen when using right-mouse button to use mouse-look :(.

Oh, and you have to use multiple game directories to multibox (ie: copy the game folder) otherwise the game says files are in use.

Other than that ISboxer works well. Unfortunately there is no /assist function of any sort in AC2 so you have to use tab and hope you get the same target :D.

Can we get support LAX :3? Relatively old game, but one of the best that should have never been shut down for LOTRO in the first place. (it's a sandbox btw)

AC1 purchase ($10): http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/turbin ... D.42828800
AC2 download link: http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showpost.p ... tcount=111

:D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Asheron's Call 2, has come back to life! Support plz :)?

Sure, I'll check it out
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 pm

lax wrote:Sure, I'll check it out

Hurray :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Code:
The mouse also escapes the window and moves across the screen when using right-mouse button to use mouse-look :(.

Derrrrp. I spent all day trying to figure out what was wrong with my code before realizing that this is a bug in the game itself, not in Inner Space! ;) They have not implemented a method to either re-center the cursor or clip the cursor inside the game window, so the cursor will move wherever it pleases while you mouselook, though it will be hidden while it is over the game window. (Special note to game developers on the topic: If my advice is worth anything to the person that might fix that issue in Asheron's Call 2, given the use of Direct Input for mouse capture, I'd ClipCursor when hiding the cursor or mouselook as opposed to continuously re-centering.)

You can lock the cursor in the game window with an option in your ISBoxer Character Set. Select your Character Set in the top left pane, and in your Character Set's General tab there's a drop-down box labelled "Lock cursor inside game window while focused ______". It defaults to "if the game requests it". If you change this to 'yes' then the cursor will NOT escape the window while the window is focused. (Ideally they would fix the bug in the game, but this works around that for now)

Still checking out the other reported items
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 am

Window Layout issues should be resolved with this update:
Code:
ISBoxer 40.5.1219.1
    * Asheron's Call 2 should now scale windows correctly, requiring Inner Space build 5755 or later.

To update ISBoxer to 40.5.1219.1, see Help->About ISBoxer for a download link.
To update Inner Space to 5755, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

This required updates to my Direct3D 8 support, so other Direct3D 8 games (1999-2003ish) should be better supported as well with this update.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 pm

lax wrote:Window Layout issues should be resolved with this update:
Code:
ISBoxer 40.5.1219.1
    * Asheron's Call 2 should now scale windows correctly, requiring Inner Space build 5755 or later.

To update ISBoxer to 40.5.1219.1, see Help->About ISBoxer for a download link.
To update Inner Space to 5755, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

This required updates to my Direct3D 8 support, so other Direct3D 8 games (1999-2003ish) should be better supported as well with this update.

Yesssssss \o/

Also, i knew about the "Force to game client" for the mouse cursor, but it created an entirely different issues where I had issues switching to other screens fast enough for gameplay. With this fix I might not need it at all since screens hopefully scale now making mousing between clients un-needed :mrgreen: .

I'll test it out and let you know since I'm 5boxing :).

ps: I've been referring people all week to ISBoxer as a legit tool for multiboxing. Even a GM asked me about it and said "Ah, Isboxer, ok then" since it is apparently Legal in LOTRO too. Games like DAOC, one of the very VERY few on the market, disallow ISBoxer with a passion. A very ignorant move i'd like to point out as the issues they're avoiding are not ISBoxer related.

-Mojo
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Updating IsBoxer to 40.5.1219.1 from 40.5.1217.1 isn't working. It closes the client, and then opens a new one with no update having been done.

Is there another direct link I can find?

[edit]: Fixed the bug, unchecking "Auto Save on Exit" resolved the issue and it finally patched. I had to say "NO" when it asked me to turn it back on.
Last edited by Mojoguy01 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Sorry about that, fixed the update now. :)
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm

lax wrote:Sorry about that, fixed the update now. :)

Ah ok so it wasn't the "AutoSave on exit" being checked, it was just coincidence :P?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Hmmm, it still isn't scaling right? It is putting only a certain amount of viewable space into the upper left corner. Side-clients in the 2,3,4,5 spots are cut off at the bottom on my 2nd monitor still :(.
Next

Return to Other