FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anarchy Online

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ShadowMaster

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:14 am

Anarchy Online

Hello.

I have been looking into multiboxing with Anarchy Online, and ISBoxer seems like a really nice piece of software.
I have however been unable to get things to work with ISBoxer, however that could just as easily be down to my own inexperience with the ISBoxer software.

Has anyone successfully got ISBoxer working with Anarchy Online? If so would they care to share how they accomplished it?

Are there any plans to support Anarchy Online officially seeing as it's now afaik the worlds longest running MMORPG?

Anarchy Online can be played for free with ingame ad support and without access to expansions, and the client can be downloaded from (small client, no expansions) http://l3cdn.ageofconan.com/download/An ... -Small.exe

Free accounts can be registered at https://register.funcom.com/account
<<

ShadowMaster

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 am

Re: Anarchy Online

Done a little investigation, and it seems that ISBox is currently not compatible for Anarchy Online unless it adds some support for the game.

The game launcher (Anarchy.exe) only allows one instance of the launcher running at any given time.
The game launcher is pretty much essential unless one wants to reverse engineer the authentication protocols used for Anarchy Online, although it's a fair assumption that the protocols are the same for the game server as the chat server which already has implementations in PHP/Python/C#.

The launcher authenticates with the server and selects character to be logged in. The launcher then calls Client.exe with the username, password, charactername along with numeric strings which consists of the authentication response/challenge/hash and possibly other unknown values.

Upon starting a second client, Client.exe will open a dialogue window stating that game is already running and asking if you want to proceed.

As far as i know, the launcher does not accept any arguments allowing login to be automated.

Any thoughts?
<<

MrLOL

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Anarchy Online

sorry to revive this necro thread, but maybe someone finds it useful...

Anarchy Online still uses DirectDraw which also creates a Direct3D7 interface which is quite "old" and not supported by InnerSpace (afaik).
They are working on implementing a new graphics engine for some years now (AoC's engine), which hopefuly get to open-test-phase this year.

I don't think the launcher will cause any troubles. basicly the Client.exe needs a few arguments (9 as far as i remember), like username, password, dimension, IP, port, charactername, time, "hardcoded" key, responsekey. (don't quote me on that. has been some time). every chat-bot (community projects, allowed, but not officially supported by Funcom) uses some algorithm to produce a correct "handshake" to login. as stated already by the previous poster.

it is possible to automate login and totally drop the need of the launcher. atleast with the help of mechanics which arn't allowed to discuss here. and i'm almost sure that there's no difference between chat- and gameserver login algorithm. so the already used technics in chatbots could be used to get the same effect.

i'm pretty sure once that new engine is in place, InnerSpace/ISBoxer will support it (out of the box or with little modifications). but only time will tell when, or maybe if, AnarchyOnline will get "mature".

Return to Other