FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vangaurd Multiboxing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lsniper

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 am

Vangaurd Multiboxing?

I'm new here, and I have searched through the "Other" section for a guide on how to set up ISBoxer for Vangaurd. I found one post (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1723&start=0) but it doesn't work the way it should. Not sure whether or not it's because of me, or because of updates or w/e.

I set it up the way I set up WoW, but launching it through launchpad instantly made me think it wasn't going to work. It didn't >.<. It launched the launchpad.exe, but once I logged in and launched the game...it only recognizes the first game I launch (and the second follows it). So both end up on the same screen. I don't understand why this was, but then I messed with it for a little while. I thought maybe it worked like WoW; It couldn't launch 2 of the .exe files at once. So, I launched it like I normally would...logged into the alt account first (so it would be on the 2nd monitor), and it worked. Popped up on the alt monitor. Then I closed LaunchPad.exe and launched it through the program again. Logged in, bam..worked. It's on the main monitor with the alt on the 2nd monitor. Buuuuuut, problem.....I can't actually do anything. It just keeps swapping the characters in and out no matter what I do when i click inside the game. When I click on the main monitor, it just swaps the alt into the main.

Could anyone help me with this?

I'd like to try out vanguard, but would like to multibox it =/.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:21 am

Re: Vangaurd Multiboxing?

I found one post (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1723&start=0) but it doesn't work the way it should. Not sure whether or not it's because of me, or because of updates or w/e.

It works fine for me. I 6-boxed a little this evening. There have been some minor updates to the launcher since I wrote that original post but Vanguard works pretty much the same as any launcher-based game. The only difference from when I wrote the original post is that the launcher now better handles multiple account info.

I have my 6 account usernames and passwords stored in the Launcher. I launch my Character Set and the Launcher (LaunchPad.exe) pops up. I select the appropriate account in the Launcher and click the "Play" button, then wait until that game session has loaded all the way to the character selection screen. ISBoxer then starts a new Launcher session and the old one seems to close. I choose my next account and click "Play" again, repeating this process until all 6 accounts are launched.

It just keeps swapping the characters in and out no matter what I do when i click inside the game. When I click on the main monitor, it just swaps the alt into the main.

That is not the behaviour I get straight after running the Quick Setup Wizard. With a Window Layout with Swapping enabled clicking in a slave window activates that game session but clicking in the large (master) window allows game interaction. I'd suggest a File, Clear followed by running the Quick Setup Wizard again. If it doesn't work at that point, share your configuration. Another option is to swap windows with Hotkeys.
Last edited by Alge on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lsniper

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:41 am

I found the error (not sure if it's the only one, but I found the major one). It's doing that because it believes my main monitor is the alt monitor and that my alt monitor is my main. That's why it keeps switching (I believe). Is there a way to change ISBoxer's window layout to recognize/change the monitors around? Not exactly sure why it's reading my main monitor as 2 instead of 1 >.<
<<

Alge

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:47 am

I believe that is covered in MiRai's Window Layout video.
<<

lsniper

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 am

Well, now I feel like an idiot. I didn't search hard enough for the answers. Sorry for taking/wasting up your time. Thank you VERY much for the help, Alge. I appreciate it. It's working now :P
<<

Alge

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 am

If it makes you feel better, that's a really obscure setting. :) Anyway, enjoy Vanguard.

Return to Other