FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone boxing Secret World?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Anyone boxing Secret World?

Anyone given ISBoxer a shot in Secret World? If not, I will try next weekend, it seems like it should work and the mechanics aren't too difficult, looks like it should be doable as long as it will load through Inner Space.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:38 am

Re: Anyone boxing Secret World?

I have pre-ordered and have also just received an email with a buddy code for the upcoming Beta Weekend #4, so will give dual-boxing a go. Will report how I go.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Some discoveries:

1. You will need separate installs for each slot.
2. Use DirectX 9 (Options in the Launcher).
3. Make sure Window Layout region size matches in-game resolution.
4. Make sure "Make game believe it is foreground window" is checked for Character Set. The second window receiving commands (either through broadcasting or Mapped Keys) seems sketchy at times.

Still to do...

1. Follow - no keybinding available (need to use a Key String Action) but at least follow persists through combat
2. Assist - keybinding available but I wasn't able to get it working to my satisfaction
<<

salamander123

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I tried the above hints and was able to get two accounts logged in at the same time when I switched to running in windowed mode. However while setting up macros etc, one of the screens froze, and when I tried to relog, it constantly freeze right after I pick the character to log. Now anytime I use Inner Space to login a character it freeze the same spot. Anybody experience the same and/or solved this?
<<

salamander123

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Got it working again by resetting window layouts and exporting. Works fairly okay, can target and assist, however the limited amount of action buttons makes it really sub-par to have different classes, unless same action types are used in the same slots with same build up counters. Given the different build-up system for various skills I think it will be difficult to do this with any other character combo than clones. TSW is a great game, however the limited amount of action slots is really clunky. Wished they had gone the way of lotro or wow which makes much easier to place different actions in different slots to be able to use them from just one toon. Given todays micro purchase systems, I am sure there will be an option to buy action bars from the store later on... Like buying a car without doors or wheels, that you have to purchase separately...
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:00 am

Any updates on how easy/difficult it is to Multibox TSW? I just started playing a single character and I'm beginning to think that some (or all) combat styles (the different weapons) are not too conducive to multiboxing. Specifically the line-of-sight (LOS) seemingly required to fight mobs and the apparent absence of a command to face your target (like Dark Age of Camelot has). I'm having much better luck with SWTOR in this regard.

It may be doable if your slave characters keep at a distance in order to maintain a LOS, or all of your characters use an area- or cone-of-effect attack.

Also, is a separate install of the software still required for each instance of the game?
<<

Grondir

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 am

Merkwurdigliebe wrote:Any updates on how easy/difficult it is to Multibox TSW? I just started playing a single character and I'm beginning to think that some (or all) combat styles (the different weapons) are not too conducive to multiboxing. Specifically the line-of-sight (LOS) seemingly required to fight mobs and the apparent absence of a command to face your target (like Dark Age of Camelot has). I'm having much better luck with SWTOR in this regard.

It may be doable if your slave characters keep at a distance in order to maintain a LOS, or all of your characters use an area- or cone-of-effect attack.

Also, is a separate install of the software still required for each instance of the game?

Be interested to know this too. I've just got a copy and seems like it could be fun to dual-box, but not sure if it works well. Any guides for setting it up with ISBoxer?

Return to Other