FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing *cough* MineCraft...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

PsyberTech

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 am

Multiboxing *cough* MineCraft...

The shame of it all...

Ok, this may be an odd one... I have run into the need to multibox MineCraft due to the fact that I own a MineCraft hosting company. I gave it a bit of a try to night tinkering with this and that, but have not found a way to actually set up a running game profile for a exe that opens a java runtime etc... Quite oftten I am required to be on 4 or 5 servers at the same time. So I have 4 or five windows open running MC. I run 14 EvE accounts, so there is no problem with hardware horsepower.

If anyone has any idea how I might get past this problem and get my five accounts online, I would be most greatful. Perhaps even donate a world server for the ISBoxer community to call it's own.

You can always track me down at teamspeak.thewebgamer.net:9988 or on skype at support.thewebgamer.net

Many thanks for any thoughts.

-Psyber
<<

tanker

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 am

Re: Multiboxing *cough* MineCraft...

I'm interested in this as well.
<<

PsyberTech

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm

From some of the other posts around the webs, it looks like we will be unable to open MineCraft in a Multi-Boxing environment. I am still looking for a way. I can still run 8 EvE accounts on the main screen and have 1 MineCraft account each on my other screens, but I would really like swap out the windows with EvE.

<-- Trys to make a sad face and puppy eyes in a vain hope someone will develop a mod to do this with InnerSpace. :)
<<

tanker

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

I played around with this a bit, attempting various 'add game' options in Innerspace

1) Minecraft.exe, no parameters
A Microsoft "something bad happened" window pops up, log files contain nothing useful

2) Javaw.exe, parameters "-cp C:\users\Public\Games\Minecraft\minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame"
Game is initially captured (click bars & FPS visible), but world selection page and beyond is uncaptured.

3) Downloaded TitaniumGL and copied DLL into ...\java\jre\bin, reran #2
Game opens, click bar/FPS visible but textures are missing/wrong.

I'm going to keep playing with it, but it doesn't seem likely right now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

The main issue is that Minecraft is OpenGL, and Inner Space is designed for Direct3D games.

I can technically support OpenGL, but I don't know how well it will work as compared to my Direct3D support.

Inner Space build 5596 implements partial, experimental support for Minecraft. I tested it by running Minecraft.exe directly. The launcher portion with the web browser uses Direct3D, so you see Inner Space's FPS indicator at that time. Once you log in though, it switches to OpenGL. Inner Space does not currently render its overlay -- e.g. any ISBoxer widgets -- to OpenGL, so you don't see any of those things at that point. Inner Space is technically working otherwise, so hotkeys seem to work.

Window Layouts don't work too well with it yet though. I'll get back to you on that. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 02, 2012 6:17 pm

internal test screenshot :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Inner Space build 5602 (new development build as of now) implements OpenGL support and is tested with Minecraft.

There's some known issues (listed in the IS patch notes, find them in the Patcher window) but they are pretty minor. ISBoxer should work other than the listed issues.

Most importantly, your Window Layout should not use big and small windows. For best results, I would use Full Screen Stacked style of window layouts . You can use Video FX to see+interact with the other windows :) Common modifications: Video FX alternative to Window Layouts

Make sure to enable "Make game believe it is foreground window" in your Character Set to avoid the automatic "escape" to the menu when you switch windows.

You can virtualize the file "lastlogin" to keep your Minecraft account logins stored separately. To do so
1. In the top left pane, right click Virtual Files and select New Virtual File
2. This will generate a new Virtual File and it will be called, literally, "New Virtual File". You will need to rename it. Right click it and select Rename.
3. Name the Virtual File "lastlogin" with no quotes, so in the top left pane under Virtual Files there should now be an entry that says "lastlogin" with no quotes.
4. Select "lastlogin" Virtual File in the top left pane if you don't have it selected already
5. Drag your Minecraft Characters from the top left pane under Characters, to the bottom left pane so that they appear under your Virtual File's Characters in the bottom left pane
6. Export to Inner Space. Now you can save your logins separately in Minecraft.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Okay I had to fix a bug with Sony's launchers before too many people crashed and complained, so build 5603, complete with the initial round of Minecraft support, is now live.
<<

PsyberTech

Post Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh my! Thank you!!! I am off to go test this now.

Happy happy joy joy....

Return to Other