FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vanguard GM made me log out.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Matasata

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Vanguard GM made me log out.

Here I was minding my own business grinding out some XP in an empty area so I could get out of the tutorial and BAM. There is a GM. He starts questioning me about what I am doing etc. I tell him I am multiboxing and using isboxer. He tells me I can not do that and claims to follow up with an EQII GM stating the same thing. Long story short I sent in a petition to escalate up the SOE food chain. Here is a copy of where I am in the process. :twisted:

Subject
isboxer / innerspace --- Awaiting Supervisor

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Customer Support) 04/22/2012 04:59 PM
Greetings Grauen,

I wanted to get back to you about your concerns with our stance on 3rd Party Software that may be altering yours or others Vanguard experience. It was nice to speak with you in-game today and appreciate your cooperation in following up on this issue. I have escalated your petition to our Management Team for further review. Once they receive and process your ticket, they will be updating it with their answer to your question. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards,
Game Master Autobahn
Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

Search the Knowledge Base for "Vanguard - Saga of Heroes" issues and how to solve them:
http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers ... 0/search/1
Stay up to date on the "Vanguard: Saga of Heroes - Top Known Customer Service Issues" at the Knowledge Base:
https://help.station.sony.com/app/answe ... a_id/16735
Customer By Web Form (************ soe) 04/22/2012 04:48 PM
I was stopped by a GM for multi-boxing in game (five toons). I was using isboxer to assist me in managing my characters (5). I do not want to cheat at all, but all this program allows me to do is use one keyboard to press keys for the other characters much like a fancy kvm switch would.

Question Reference #120422-000779
Product Level 1: Vanguard
Category Level 1: [VAN] Community Standards
Date Created: 04/22/2012 04:48 PM
Last Updated: 04/22/2012 04:59 PM
Server: Telon
Race/Species:
Class/Profession:
Level:
Guild/Association:

Problem Description

Character Name
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Vanguard GM made me log out.

I would be very interested to know their response, so would appreciate you letting us all know.
<<

Matasata

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

I just received my response from the SOE gods.

Subject
[VGD][Awaiting Lead GM] isboxer / innerspace

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Customer Support Supervisor) 04/24/2012 12:58 PM
Greetings Grauen,

While we never support any third party programs that enable you to go outside of normal game dynamics, after much debate, we have decided that this is not the case here. As long as you are at the keyboard and actively playing, this program should be fine. I apologize for the confusion, but thank you for your patience as this was researched and decided on.

Sincerely,

Lead GM Zaebrix
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Glad you got that worked out. :)

This just goes to show, they really have no reason to remove you from the game just for multiboxing, and it's not against the rules. Is ISBoxer allowed? stands true; being a good citizen of the game world is what it's all about!
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 am

Great result!

> being a good citizen of the game world is what it's all about

Yes indeed. There's plenty multi-boxers can do to avoid alienating other players, through good manners, sportsmanlike play and behaving like a gentleman (or lady).
<<

Matasata

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 pm

After reviewing my chat logs I think I was reported but this dude that couldn't solo the last boss when I went through. I offered to let me help him, but he refused and I saw him make about 1/2 a dozen trips. He saw me completely obliterate the room and the boss. The last tell I got from him was asking what software I use. I told him isboxer and about 20 mins later the GMs showed up. One of the GMs was nice but the other asked if I had 90 fingers and 90 keyboards. I told him I 8 fingers and two thumbs and that was enough to cast three nuke spells at the same time.

But anyway all's well that ends well :D

Return to Other