FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drakensang Online

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ITguy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 am

Drakensang Online

Hi i've been struggling to get this game to work with ISBoxer for some time now. Originally this game is a browser game (i know) but they have a downloadable desktop version as well. It uses D3d9 so everything is fine and dandy.

Anyways i'm having trouble opening multiple instances through isboxer. I can easily open multiples through inner space but they won't be linked/organized on the screen or can't broadcast. I've also tried the browser version with firefox, chrome, and iexplore and all fail miserably. But you guys probably already know why...

What's happening is once the first instance loads (i have 3) it gets spot #1 on the monitor, everything is fine and so it loads the second. Before the second instance can load anything it throws an error saying it can't access and unpack the d3d9_43.dll. I'm guessing the first instance has hold of it. But again, i CAN launch and play multiple instances unlinked only clicking "default profile" in inner space. Launching the team always fails on the second instance.

ALSO, when i do this legit, i can multibox but no broadcasting obviously. Basically when you run the game from the thinclient, it brings you to a webpage for a login. Once your logged in you choose your server and it loads the game. If you open multiple thinclients but don't load the games (just wait at the login on all of em) then you'll be able to 1 by 1 login to each and load the game on each. For some reason this shares the dll with all of them. BUT if you don't open more than 1, and load the game up, and try to load another, THEN the dll is locked and won't run.

I hope there is a workaround for this as the game is super fun to play and would bring me much amusement having a zillion instances. My comp is quite beefy. Thanks for reading and i hope to hear from somebody soon.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:39 am

Re: Drakensang Online

It looks like you can probably use multiple installations of this game to work around the issue. Install the game again, to another folder, and use Add Game again. Then you can adjust individual Characters to use different game instances as needed -- see http://isboxer.com/wiki/Multiple_game_folders
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am

Scratch that, working on it; I'll have a different suggestion shortly ;)
<<

ITguy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 pm

awesome I can't wait!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Here we go. :)

(just logged in level 1s)

First, be on Inner Space build 5574 or later. As of this post that is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space.

Second, be on ISBoxer 40.1.0404.3 or later. Check this in ISBoxer through Help->About ISBoxer.

After updating to ISBoxer 40.1.0404.3, do an Export to Inner Space.

Drakensang Online should automatically work. Enjoy :)
<<

ITguy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 pm

WOW you are THE best. I thank you greatly for your time and efforts for my request. Hands down best support for this product. AWESOME. I'll let you know how the results go. Patching the files now.
<<

ITguy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm

It works FLAWLESS. Seriously works so good. I love it.

questions though: earlier i tried having a team of 10 realm of the mad god instances. But when i went to go configure the monitor setup it would only let me choose 8 boxes. I've seen a screenshot on the forums for like 20 instances so i know 8 is not the max. Am i doing something wrong or something? Please let me know. Thanks!!

***EDIT after bringing my group of 5 to the main map (outside of town, where monsters are), it threw it error on 2 instances saying it couldn't load that particular map. But 3 still made it. I'll see if i can make it happen again and give you the error.

***Got the error with a pic. Image

***OK so instead of broadcasting and making them load the map at the same time, i just turned broadcasting off and walked them through 1 by 1. Seems to work fine. Everything else is great! That's about it. It works.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 am

I suspect that if you let the first guy go through and make sure it is downloaded, the rest should be able to hop right in at the same time.
<<

jettz

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 am

I'm using win 7 and I can get to the select server screen before an error pops up saying thinclient has stopped working. Could you tell me the set up you did to get it to run like illustrated above? I select thinclient.exe when using Add Game for Drakensang. Should I use dro_client.exe instead? It looks like dro_client is the actual program but I can't launch it directly, only through thinclient.exe

Return to Other