FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tera online

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gylon

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:00 am

Tera online

Anyone get into Tera online beta over the weekend? If so, what ya think?

http://tera.enmasse.com/
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: Tera online

I've been playing the Korean version (very casually) for over a year now. I think it's a fun game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MiRaiPresen ... query=tera
<<

Gylon

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 am

Nice ^^

I like the combat. looks new and refreshing. I preordered it this week and believe I get to play in this weekends beta for doing so. The zones look beautiful!
<<

Virge

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Played Tera over the first beta.. four accounts, level'd every class to 22

Warrior - Priest - Berserker - Sorc on one server
Lancer - Mystic - Slayer - Archer on one server

Melee is VERY difficult. I've boxed most modern MMO's throughout the years, and RIFT was by far the easiest.. I would have to rate Tera as the hardest, I spent a full half day trying to figure out ways of properly boxing melee, and even ranged with the lack of a targeting system and aiming-based offensive abilities.. in retail I'm going to give it a try with the following setup:

Lancer - Priest - Mysic - Archer - Sorc.

I selected this setup due to the overhealing capabilities of priest-mystic combo, plus the startling realization that sorc's do outright the most damage, and mystic buffs are far more beneficial to ranged than melee, meaning a full ranged setup (outside of the fact that practically any melee is terrible to box in TERA due to aforementioned reasons) would simply do more damage than a poorly mixed melee/ranged setup.

Plus, I get pretty decent itemization, even if the priest, mystic, and sorc are fighting each-other for gear.

I wasn't able to use ISBoxer for the first beta, so I was using a combination of manual, G15 macro's, and multibox - but Lax was very helpful via e-mail and was downloading the client so I hope the next beta wave I will be able to use ISBoxer and give it a go.

I intend to make TERA my next project and intend to 10-box raid content if I can ever get around the mobility and targeting issues.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:57 am

Virge wrote:I intend to make TERA my next project and intend to 10-box raid content if I can ever get around the mobility and targeting issues.

If you've watched any end game content from Korean servers I'm not sure how you expect to successfully accomplish this. Also, there is no
10 man raid content. All end game content is currently 5 man and with the next patch in Korea (end of this month) they're introducing 20
man content.
<<

Gylon

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 am

This video looks amazing, and it was taken before the high rez patch they just released. I now have to question my pc's capabilities :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8aNEWsm1w
<<

Virge

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:43 pm

MiRai wrote:
Virge wrote:I intend to make TERA my next project and intend to 10-box raid content if I can ever get around the mobility and targeting issues.

If you've watched any end game content from Korean servers I'm not sure how you expect to successfully accomplish this. Also, there is no
10 man raid content. All end game content is currently 5 man and with the next patch in Korea (end of this month) they're introducing 20
man content.

The fact that it's quite difficult to run out of mana even on longer encounters is basically the only reason I'm attempting, but I will be doing it with the constant exploitation of this game's /follow command having a very long hook range (almost 40m to be precise) and the overheals of a priest-mystic combo.

I understand your skepticism, but having already 4-boxed WITHOUT ISBoxer and successfully run my own dungeons and killed BAM's, I can assure you that what I intend to accomplish is very feasible.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Virge wrote:I understand your skepticism, but having already 4-boxed WITHOUT ISBoxer and successfully run my own dungeons and killed BAM's, I can assure you that what I intend to accomplish is very feasible.

I would never compare the difficulty of a level 20 dungeon to an end game dungeon as being the same but, by all means I hope you are
successful because if you are I may have to give it a shot.
<<

tanker

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Gylon wrote:This video looks amazing, and it was taken before the high rez patch they just released.

It is very pretty, but I don't like the "Action Game" style of control system. I tried it out in Vindictus, and felt like I was playing an XBox game.

How do you get your slave toons to attack your target? Or do you just leave them a long way away facing in the correct general direction and hope they attack something?
<<

eq2ourbust

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

i would lax to update isboxer so it can be used with tera would be cool if he could do it
Next

Return to Other