FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAoC issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cobbler

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:13 pm

DAoC issues

I want to open with saying that I can box 5 wow accounts on my computer fine with the wizard setup, and everything does exactly what I want. So, I know my computer can handle 2 accounts in DAoC no problem, but there are many issues causing me to be unable to use isboxer at all in DAoC specifically.

The first issue is the default setups for DAoC cause issues on loading the game for me. I have no idea what is causing this, because all the file paths and file names are correct. But, when I try to load the game through the default settings it ends up forcing the game loading screen into a higher resolution than what it is supposed to be, and this causes me to be unable to log in due to the button I need to press to select my realm being unavailable. My fix to this was to create a new DAoC profile and just typing in the path to the exact same file and file name that the original pointed to, and for some reason this fixes the loading issue. When I use this new DAoC profile the loading screen works perfectly, but with the default profile it forces a new resolution on the loading screen. I wish I could help you out more on this, but every file path and file name are exactly the same in both of my DAoC profiles with only one working and the other not.

The second issue I have is no matter what window layout I use in my character sets, it all defaults to stacked on one monitor. This issue I have not been able to resolve, because it's not even changing with any of my changes in the window layout wizard.

The third issue I have is when in game all my controls are not working correctly. When i try to move my camera around my character it turns about 50 times too fast, and when I move my mouse up or down it jumps to directly over my head or directly to the ground looking up at the sky. Then when I try to walk around the game has a delay as if I'm using the repeater on my character to send all the commands to one character. Imagine pressing the move forward button and your character getting a stuttering of moving forward an inch about 20 times then finally moving forward at a snails pace. This is causing me to be unable to mouse the camera around to target mobs, quest givers, or anything in general.

The final issue I'm having is every isboxer in game button combo is not working. For example, the in game isboxer gui toggle hotkey is set to ctrl+shift+alt+g, but nothing happens when I press this. I'm unable to also turn of the repeater or any other shortcut that I set in isboxer.

Overall, I'm unable to use isboxer for DAoC at all, and it actually is making the performance of the game worse than if I did not use it. I can run two clients perfectly, and just alt+tab around to cast spells, buffs, etc. But, when I try to do the exact same thing with isboxer it causes all the issues I listed above. I'm not at the technical level of being able to give you more details to the above issues, but I will do everything I can to help gather the data to help someone be able to fix them. So, thank you in advance to any help I can receive on these issues.
<<

dswtor

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 am

Re: DAoC issues

Same as above, successfully ran 5xWow leveling 10 chars to 85, doing instances etc works awesome.

Now, going back to DAoC after many years, I was hoping ISBoxer/IS would work there too for me.

Many of the issues OP has I believe are related to the game not running full screen.

My issues are simply I cannot get the game to run Full Screen when launching an ISBoxer charset(3 accounts) via IS.

I have tried all kinds of things including checking Prevent ISBoxer from forcing the game into a window. No matter what, it scrunches the game into a window, making it hard to see text, and mouse/keyboard interaction erratic.

My plan was just to PL my bard to 50 etc then just play that alone till 5/15 finally arrives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just fyi, launching DAoC normally stand alone I can run it FS fine or windowed (which doesnt work well).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 am

You absolutely, positively, no matter what you try, cannot launch more than one instance of any game at all in true Full Screen mode (it is by definition an Exclusive mode). For this reason, ISBoxer must force the game into a window, if you have multiples in your Character Set.

As far as scrunching the game window, that is a matter of the game resolution vs the size of your game window. Foooor example ... why not choose a Window Layout that doesn't scrunch the window? Use Full Screen Stacked and then use Video FX in lieu of seeing "small windows".

As far as keyboard/mouse behavior being erratic, I did a major cursor positioning overhaul in build 5581 of Inner Space, which is the development build of Inner Space as of last night. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

Beyond those things you can try, I will of course have to test the game and see what's going on. I may be able to do that next week (am currently out of town)
<<

dswtor

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have noticed that with the Prevent forcing to windowed mode checked, instance 3 launches full screen. It is just instance 1 and 2 that are still seemingly windowed.

I guess I hadn't given instance 3 a chance before.

If I try again, switching the account in the first instance to acct3, and third instance to acct1 just for fun, still only the 3rd(this time acct1) instance launches full screen.

I have had resolution for all 3 set to 1920 x 1200 all along which is the same as my desktop.

I will try the stacked full screen next to see what happens.

*ok stacked works well, I just need to get the Key Map going...
<<

korvkanon

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:29 am

Any updates how this is going ? any tips & hints for me ? just started to play with ISboxer as test run but i have the same problems.

// regards RG
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm

First of all if you're not on the development build of Inner Space, you'll probably want to switch to it. It specifically addresses several of the issues described by the OP. The current development build is 5595, which since 5594 includes a fix for cursor positioning in forced windowed mode, which affects DAOC, and has many related fixes since the current live build as well. (It's probably going to get pushed live this week.) If providing further details on these issues, it will be helpful to specify which build number of Inner Space you are working with -- you can find it by hovering your cursor over the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area).

To switch to the development build: Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. (Must also have any games launched by IS closed.)

Secondly, ISBoxer may not be able to automatically adjust the resolution of this game to match your Window Layout. When the resolution configured within the game does not match the resolution configured, then the game's display will be scaled to fit the window (meaning text will be scrunched, etc). This was also causing cursor positioning issues before, but those should be fixed in Inner Space build 5595. If you don't like the way it looks, you can either try to change the in-game settings to match your Window Layout, or change your Window Layout to match the game resolution. The simple method used by the OP was to use Full Screen Stacked layout style; you can then use Video FX to see the other windows. (More reading: Common modifications: Video FX alternative to Window Layouts)

Let me know what issues you still have after switching to Inner Space build 5595
<<

korvkanon

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:39 am

just a quick replay here .. i havent tryed the Inner Space build 5595. But i still dont get the positions that i choose from the windows setup with my screens and it dosent matter if i play in windowed mode or fullscreen it just jumps to the very wierd resulution. that why i was asking in another tread if there is someone that has played daoc and got it working :) ofc there is otherwise you guys shouldent have it in the supported games list :D but i would really like to get some workig until i buy it. im really impressed with this wonderful program.

// regards RG
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 am

korvkanon wrote:ofc there is otherwise you guys shouldent have it in the supported games list

That list is largely the result of reports from users. For games with not many multiboxers we rely on information from users. It is entirely possible that no one has multiboxed DAoC with ISBoxer for a while, that changes have occurred to the game and that it no longer works. That doesn't mean it isn't supported; just that Lax has not been aware of issues until now. Of course, as you are a new user it is also entirely possible that you have set things up wrong. The more specific information you can give the easier it will be to work out what the problem is.

just a quick replay here .. i havent tryed the Inner Space build 5595. But i still dont get the positions that i choose from the windows setup with my screens and it dosent matter if i play in windowed mode or fullscreen it just jumps to the very wierd resulution.

I can't tell from your response to Lax whether you have tried the specific fixes Lax suggested in his post (changing either your in-game resolution or your Window Layout). I'd suggest you try those and then tell us that you have done them, along with any effects they had. Otherwise we are flying blind here.
<<

oldFart

Post Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 am

I had the same issues as the OP

After finding this thread, I did as recommended and set IS to "Download development (test) patches". This downloaded version 5600.
The window sizing issues have been fixed, but the mouse control is still borked. Attempting to move a char or manipulate view with the mouse causes erratic spinning etc.
Assuming this is an aspect issue i tried setting the in-game screen size to match ISBoxer, but I get the same behavior.

Ideas?

Return to Other