FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAOC Low FPS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

markgaffo

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 am

DAOC Low FPS

Hi there,

New here, although I have used isboxer for logging 3 or 4 eve accounts before.

I have revisited an old game of mine and I am having some issues with regards FPS and resolution.

The game launches fine, like eve online stacks the windows in the manner I like. However the fps on the game drops below 16 on a constant basis.

Any suggestions for this? I have lowered front window fps to 50, and the backround to 15, split the cores 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 to be as equal as can be but to no avail.

I run a solid enough pc for my gaming needs; core i-52500k 3.3Ghz, 8GB ram, radeon 6980, intel ssd, win7 64 bit.

I do run the monitor and game in max rez for my monitor of 1920*1080. Perhaps this is far to taxing?

Further I would add that I have no issues logging 3 or 4 accounts with no lag in the normal manner. I can alt tab between windows without any hassle. When I try to box them I get low fps.

Please help the noob! :-D

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:17 am

Re: DAOC Low FPS

If you haven't lowered the game's video quality settings (e.g. to Performance instead of Quality), now would be the time :) This is the main thing. Resolution is important as well, but it's usually fine to have high resolution at low quality.

If the game has its own FPS limiting setting, you can disable either the one in ISBoxer or the one in the game and maybe improve things a tiny bit.

You can give each of the game windows its own CPU core (Round-robin CPU strategy) to reduce contention between them, and maybe improve things another tiny bit.

Return to Other