FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fredgsanford

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 am

Re: Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

Very nice might look into the video FX thing as seeing those things would be really helpful. As for hardcoding char names etc not sure how you would do that plus since my group other then main dk and healer my alt would be dif all time not sure i could set it up that way. How did you get names in group to always be a certain order for your click to heal bars? You must have spent a great deal of time on setting this up:)
Not knowing isboxer etc to well doubt i could do anything this fancy but great job.

Thanks as well much appreciated.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

fredgsanford wrote:How did you get names in group to always be a certain order for your click to heal bars?

You can invite your group in one go, but you need to accept the invites in the order you want them to appear. Unfortunately, you may not have control over this at all times.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks for the help. was starting to go with cleric which i had started to lvl with bard as main to try lvl to catch up to my others then was talking to a friend he said better to use disc and barring that maybe a bloodmage and since i have a disc on main account not making a new one so going to try this with a bm as healer if i can get them caught up so going to try lvling it with the bard for now till he gets up there some as want to lvl a bard for harvesting anyway:)
So far not to bad although just using mostly entwining vine to heal with
Assisting bard then using /assistoffensive so he heals whoever the bmg's offensive target is but always attacking same mob as the bard or once i get him high enough it will be the tank of course.
Wondering though if i should change that and set an assist at start of fight and not change till dead or i know I should on him since sometimes tank might need to target dif mob then rest are attacking? Hmm how do you handle assist in your attacks or in a sep thing at start of fight or what? Diferent with bmg since his assist is also his lifetap so need to set a defensive target for him to heal with the lifetap but still target right mob.
Any tips on best way to so that would be great.

I really appreciate the help as well thanks again in advance.
<<

Alge

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 am

I have assist on a separate key which does no attacks. That helps in a number of situations in VG.

I can use assist and then broadcast H (hail) to interact with questgivers.
I can use assist and then calm/lull/mez/other CC without having to swap windows.
In combat I set a target and then everyone burns it down. If I need to switch targets on my tank to pick up an add I don't automatically get everyone assisting me on the new target but if I hit the assist key they will switch.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah thinking thats the way to go as well as having it in the dps macro can get messy esp for cc etc for sure. Thanks for info
Trying to do this without using keyboard ie i have razer naga and nostromo so trying to use a few of keys as possible and without to much on naga since i am not used to it at all yet or the nostromo either but there very nice so far for mmo's. Would be interesting to see how you setup keyboard as well for this ie what keys for each thing oh guess you said you use click healing not sure i could do that esp for bmg lifetaps it might be to hard i think but for others dk has so many dif things he needs to do at times takes up so much space so not sure how to let that happen and still have some for bmg to heal and dps with.
Plus need to get him caught up before it even matters anyway :)
Guess i will see as i go how best to do his lifetap thinking i can just put it on same key dk dps's with and have him lifetap all time but we shall see.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Hmm every time i quit vg when innerspace has started it i get an error from innerspace kinda a pain esp with more then one client running ie using isboxer character set. Do you get this happening as well and is there a fix?
Thanks in advance. Oh tried to send report but it wouldn't .
<<

Alge

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm

fredgsanford wrote:Hmm every time i quit vg when innerspace has started it i get an error from innerspace kinda a pain esp with more then one client running ie using isboxer character set. Do you get this happening as well and is there a fix?

No, and no idea what the problem is.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Alge wrote:
fredgsanford wrote:Hmm every time i quit vg when innerspace has started it i get an error from innerspace kinda a pain esp with more then one client running ie using isboxer character set. Do you get this happening as well and is there a fix?

No, and no idea what the problem is.

Yeah was hoping Lax might see this and look into it although i think last time it came up i did get to report the error when it came up.

So far so good on team although hard to say how its going since atm just using bard with the bmg till he catches up to my dk. But not bad and can learn this way better then from having it higher lvl from start. Although i prob won't be able to solo on the bmg learning him this way:)
Another thing about having assist on sep key is can use it to target nodes to harvest that the main targets then hit autoattack button and he will start harvest after he is assisting so can work mains and alts harvesting same time.

Died a few times from not knowing what to do when in trouble on team but i guess that will happen no biggy learning as i go and will i assume be much easier once on dk. And bm just got the skill that lets him get healed from team dmg so shouldn't need healing himself to much now.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

got bard/bloodmage to 32 but now think i really need to use a normal type healer so started a shaman and i can see i am going to have to use click bars for healing or something. What is best way to do that since vg doesn't let you change order of chars in group so all are showing same? Is that what you use video fx for or is there another way?
Any help here would be appreciated. have not used click bars or video fx before so not exactly sure how to do them but if you point me in right direction as far as how to get group to be in right order for click bars I am sure i can figure out the rest hopefully.
<<

Alge

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:08 pm

/rant on
I've stopped playing Vanguard again. The unfixed crash on levelling bug (for over a month now even though the cause is known) and the number of broken boss encounters got to me in the end. I decided I was no longer going to tacitly support SoE's neglect of this game by continuing to subscribe.
/rant off

I used a click bar for healing but the issue with having different party order on different characters means I did all my healing from my tank. The method is basically to make a click bar with 6 or twelve or 18 buttons, place it over your party frames and tie a mapped key to each button which manually targets the appropriate character on mouse button press and casts the heal on mouse button release.

In the screenshot I posted previously you can see my click bar as the green, orange and red strips overlying my party frames. Each strip is comprised of 6 buttons with a custom, mostly transparent graphic. Each button is tied to a mapped keyas described above.

The key to click bars is really that they just provide an alternative method of activating a mapped key; you click the button on the click bar rather than pressing a key on your keyboard.
PreviousNext

Return to Other