FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fredgsanford

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

hehe i hear you on the bugs. the lvl bug is fixed as of last week sometime no idea what bosses are bugged though. Apparently they got more devs working now to but that remains to be seen if they actually do anything there content update has been put back since new team has changed there objectives of it etc. Maybe that means fixing some things like the bosses etc that are there already hehe.

Still think its one of the only real mmo's left most others they make to easy it seems now. ie hard to die in most and no real challenge etc. To bad there are so many bugs though a lot have been fixed esp since release:) Most now are small ones but still annoying except when you can't do boss cause its bugged and stuff.

As for click bars yeah i know how they work my problem and for sure would be done from the tank but how do you get them over the right group member since tank would have a dif order then the healer would, was my problem? Since each char has its own group order?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:43 pm

how do you get them over the right group member since tank would have a dif order then the healer would, was my problem? Since each char has its own group order?

They are only over the right group member for my tank. I decided it was too much work for too little benefit to make it so I could heal from another character. My targetting is built into the mapped keys for the click bars (rather than being obtained via a sync cursor action and a mouseover macro as in standard click healing).
<<

fredgsanford

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 am

Ahh i see which is fine if whole team is same all time I guess could still work just would have to redo macro to name of person who is in the slot for that char on healer?
Hmm need to work on something like this then i guess but somehow make it work for non team members. I guess as long as tank makes group and always adds healer second the rest of group should be same on both windows so shouldn't be to hard to just use /targ 3 4 5 6 for others and hardcode names for tank and healer in my duo to still be able to heal rest of team? That should work right? I mean in the healers macros for which party member to target in each heal.

Thanks again for all the help its much appreciated.
<<

Alge

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 pm

fredgsanford wrote:Ahh i see which is fine if whole team is same all time I guess could still work just would have to redo macro to name of person who is in the slot for that char on healer?
Hmm need to work on something like this then i guess but somehow make it work for non team members. I guess as long as tank makes group and always adds healer second the rest of group should be same on both windows so shouldn't be to hard to just use /targ 3 4 5 6 for others and hardcode names for tank and healer in my duo to still be able to heal rest of team? That should work right? I mean in the healers macros for which party member to target in each heal.

Yes, that should work.

Thanks again for all the help its much appreciated.
You're welcome.
<<

Alge

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 am

Link to a SoE post on the Vanguard forums stating that broadcasting is OK.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index ... post-13409

The important quote: "Programs that assist you, by replicating a key stroke across multiple windows for example, are generally permissible."
<<

Rattenmann

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm

So,.. this might sound very basic, but uhm... Vanguard seems to store every settings in only one place. Meaning: If i log in 6 Accounts i either have all on good grafics and getting lag, or i put all on low res and it does not look nice on the Window i am playing all the time (Tankwindow).

Also, even more annoying: SOUND! I can only turn it off on all 6 accounts, or hear sounds from all 6.
How did you guys solve this issue?

Edit: Also just noticed: isBoxer seems like taking a heavy punch on my system. I logged into 6 Accounts yesterday and had 40-50 fps with med-high settings. With isBoxer active i can barly log in 6 accounts and the FPS is listed as 0-5 even after giving it 15min of time. I don't belive the software here is the issue, i might just have to pull on a few switches, maybe disable the CPU management or something? After all it worked nicely without isBoxer, why wouldn't it with isBoxer :-)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Rattenmann wrote:Edit: Also just noticed: isBoxer seems like taking a heavy punch on my system. I logged into 6 Accounts yesterday and had 40-50 fps with med-high settings. With isBoxer active i can barly log in 6 accounts and the FPS is listed as 0-5 even after giving it 15min of time. I don't belive the software here is the issue, i might just have to pull on a few switches, maybe disable the CPU management or something? After all it worked nicely without isBoxer, why wouldn't it with isBoxer :-)

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
<<

Alge

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 am

So,.. this might sound very basic, but uhm... Vanguard seems to store every settings in only one place. Meaning: If i log in 6 Accounts i either have all on good grafics and getting lag, or i put all on low res and it does not look nice on the Window i am playing all the time (Tankwindow).

Also, even more annoying: SOUND! I can only turn it off on all 6 accounts, or hear sounds from all 6.
How did you guys solve this issue?

You need to virtualise VGClient.ini to store separate graphics settings. I run my main on High and my slaves on the absolute minimum.

I also virtualise User.ini (keybinds and a couple of other settings) and UILoginHistory.ini (patcher account settings)
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 am

Simple put: You guys rock.
Great software, great support, great community and wiki.

I will be doing alot of reading up on all those features to get the most out of it. Thanks for the hint with virtualising, that should make it run much smoother. In the meantime i managed to get back to at least 40 fps by using stacked windows, fullscreen, without any CPU gimicks like round robin. Might be able to "borrow" my GFs PC to just host half the group tho, since even that seems to be supported. At least if she is not playing herself haha.

Thanks again!
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 am

Ok, found something i don't understand, think it might be Vanguard related, but unsure.
How did you set up autofollow and assist Alge?

I followed this Video from MiRai step by step. Every toon is assisting every other nicely. But follow does not work that way. Did a testsetup with only 4 chars and i never get all 3 to follow the active one. I am aware of follow being a toggle, so i stop follow after each try of corse, but nothing seems to help. Sometimes one follows, sometimes two. And which char does and does not work is random and shows no pattern to narrow down a setupissue :-/
I tried to split the action up in two as well. So hitting one key just to target, and a second key that only executes the follow command. The first button works perfectly, but follow keeps failing on at least one toon.

Kinda lost here, does Vanguard prevent the approach to follow from that videotutorial somehow? Or what am i missing?

Edit: To make it clearer: The followkeys are working, just not for all toons at the same time. Hitting it once makes 2 toons follow the active one. Hitting it again makes the 3rd toon follow... and the first 2 stop (toggle,...).
PreviousNext

Return to Other