FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Vanguard: Setup and micro-review

I'm going to need to see your ISBoxer configuration.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 am

Here it is.
<<

Alge

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 am

Not sure what is going on here. Your configuration looks fine and everything is set up correctly. You are using the same method I am to follow.

Have you confirmed that Alt+0 works for each character when you do it manually with another character targeted? You could try changing your keybinding for follow to something unmodified. I use Y as my follow keybinding.

How are you breaking follow? It could be that you aren't breaking follow properly. I broadcast (using a Mapped Key) S to all my slaves to break follow.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 am

Hmm... breaking of follow. That could be a reason. Further testing shows that on the very first hit of the follow key all 3 do follow correctly. I then switch to another toon and hit follow there (for pure testing if it works... pretty sure everyone did that lol).

It turns out follow then only "breaks" on a few, and never on all if i hit follow on another toon. And then i am in the toggleloop.
Activly breaking with the same key AND on the same toon i started it seems to work. I was under the impression that following a new target would cause the toggle to "switch on" again. But this does not seem to be the case.

Anyways, you fixed my issue lol. Just going to have to end follow on the same toon i started it in the future. :-)
<<

decadentia

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Awesome post.

Quick question, I see you're using a custom UI, is there something you have to change with Isboxer to get this working?

If I try to play the game with Isboxer, default ui is loaded. If I run the game just normally, my custom UI is loaded(think Drox or something along those lines).

Thanks.
<<

Alge

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

It's either because you have Vanguard installed twice and are using different locations for each, or due to file virtualisation. I'm not sure which file(s) you'll need to change until I check on my home computer.

Additional info:

The UI you will use depends on a line in the file VGClient.ini (ShellName=...).

I have vanguard installed in S:\Vanguard. You can check where Inner Space thinks Vanguard is by looking at your Game Profile in Inner Space.

When I launch Vanguard outside Inner Space it uses S:\Vanguard\bin\VGClient.ini to decide which UI to use. But in my ISBoxer profile I virtualise VGClient.ini so that each Character has their own settings. This is a good idea for Vanguard because this is the file that stores all your graphics and audio settings - doing so allows you to have different settings on master and slaves. That means that when I launch the Character Djur he uses the file VGClient_Djur.ini. This in turn means that if you change the UI in VGClient.ini it will not automatically be changed in the virtualised files - you will need to do that yourself.
<<

decadentia

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 am

Perfect, totally forgot about the virtualised ini files, thank you!
Previous

Return to Other