FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Will this work for Hellgate?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

poogle

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 am

Will this work for Hellgate?

Hi,

I was wondering if ISboxer will work for Hellgate: Global - the main issues being that to multi-box on a single PC I'll need to run a virtual machine for each extra client (unless someone knows of a better way) as the game doesn't allow multiple copies running at once with they way they set up the new launcher (but they are ok with multi-boxing in general).

The second issue is that using the game's windowed mode you can't adjust the window size however you like, only by adjusting the game resolution in the graphics options. I'm not sure what issues that might cause for ISBoxer.

So between running VM's for the extra game clients and the lack of custom resizing to the basic user, will ISboxer be able to function more or less to the same degree as if it were a game like WoW being multiboxed on the same computer?

Thanks for any input
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 am

Re: Will this work for Hellgate?

1. I'll have to install it to see what kind of problems the launcher presents. (Downloading now) Inner Space does application-level virtualization, so running a VM is not typically necessary in order to get what you want.

2. That's not so much a problem for ISBoxer as it might be for you. Many games are like this, including EverQuest 1. You can use ISBoxer in whatever resolution you need, and ISBoxer will also attempt to force the game to use the optimal resolution from your Window Layout.

As far as the same degree as WoW, that is the tallest order ;) There are special features implemented for WoW due to the game's flexible Addon system, though nothing that has to do with the questions you asked. But it should work as well as other games ISBoxer supports.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

Update: Inner Space does not currently work with Hellgate. Working on it.
<<

poogle

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:07 am

Thanks for the speedy reply, looking forward to 5-boxing Hellgate :)
<<

wraithmajere

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 am

Awesome!!!! - I'm glad Hellgate is back in the US, and since my experience with using ISBOXER / INNERSPACE with EQ2 has been nothing more then outstanding, the ability to also run multi-toons with Hellgate would just be perfect!
<<

poogle

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Is there an estimate on when this fix would happen? Don't mean to seem impatient, I'm just really really eager to 5-box hellgate :D Heck I've even had dreams about it lol
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 am

poogle wrote:Is there an estimate on when this fix would happen? Don't mean to seem impatient, I'm just really really eager to 5-box hellgate :D Heck I've even had dreams about it lol

No ETA, there's more than one reason why it doesn't work in Inner Space at the moment and I can only uncover one of those at a time. One day I'll fix an issue with it and it will start to just work, and then I get to tell you it works.. until then I don't really know ;)
<<

wraithmajere

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Just curious if there have been any new developments :)

Return to Other