FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Star Citizen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am

Re: Star Citizen

MiRai wrote:
SloppyFloppy wrote:Any updates on getting Innerspace to work with this game?

Is there an open beta of some sort? Is the game even out of alpha at this point?

Lax would need to have access to the game to get it to work with Inner Space, and even then, if the game is in an alpha state that is constantly changing, there may be little reason to work on compatibility since it might need to be constantly updated with every new patch of the game. If that were the case, you'd have to convince him that the time required to work on compatibility for a game that is in alpha, has limited access, and has very few multiboxers at the moment, is worth his time over other his other current projects and fixes for other games, of which are not in alpha, with more subscribers.

I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer," and I'm certainly not speaking for him, but this is usually how things work. Once the game is more accessible and in a stable, production state, I would imagine that working on compatibility is going to be a lot easier.

3.0 is out since Christmas for anyone who buys the starter package ($35). 3.1 is coming out in March and continuing to iterate on top of it with each release. It's pretty much stable where it's at right now, with additional features being added every quarter.
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 pm

Any one else interested at this point? I've tried using sandboxie but the 2nd game client locks up after starting from the 2nd sanboxed launcher.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:10 am

This game is in perpetual pre-release ;)

I am installing it now, I'll check it out and see what can be done. Hopefully it won't require a second 30GB+ installed copy of the game :roll:
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am

lax wrote:This game is in perpetual pre-release ;)

I am installing it now, I'll check it out and see what can be done. Hopefully it won't require a second 30GB+ installed copy of the game :roll:

Any updates?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 am

Well, the current version of Inner Space works better with RSI Launcher than it did before, but it does not yet launch the game correctly and this is still being worked on. I won't have time to work on it until at least next week though, as I am closing in on a big ISBoxer 2 Alpha update and Star Trek Online players are in need of an update as well.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Inner Space development build 6547 is now available with a fix for RSI Launcher, and automatic game detection for Star Citizen! :)

I only have one SC account to test with currently so I've not attempted to launch multiple instances on the same PC yet (does the game usually prevent that?), but so far all of my testing with this version is successful.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.

Let me know if you give it a shot, I'm interested in any feedback
<<

smoot2poo

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Perhaps I have no clue what I'm doing, but tried to give this a go and after creating a character set and attempting to launch, only one launcher instance is ran. If you kill it and attempt to start another your first game instance crashes. But, auto-game detection works and the first instance with overlay is created. I suspect I'm just doing something wrong. I'm new to ISBoxer and will be reading the docs, but figured I'd toss a message out here in case it was of help to anyone or if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Not sure who to say thanks to, but thanks for your work on this!
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:10 am

Innerspace works great handling one instance. The game prevents me from launching more than one instance as the launcher is a parent process to the game client and only one launcher can be opened normally.

I can open a second launcher using sandboxie but as soon as it launches the game client it kills the first one.
<<

Axachi

Post Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:07 pm

Hi I have 2 accounts of this and would love to try out things.. but I do not have ISBoxer anymorte after SWTOR. I wont pay for testing it, but if there is a trial or somthing.. :)

I have had great experience with ISBoxer and using it. Hope we can get it working :P
<<

Axachi

Post Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:35 pm

I have tried to run 2 instances of starcitizen.exe. Using a second account on my computer . I made copy of the game folder, Then u shift right-click on the RSI-Launcer.exe file and run as different user. type in the cred's for the second user you made. This will launch. but as soon as you start game. it complains about running 2 instances is maxed. .So no dice . We need to container it. Somehow. I have tried kill all mux handlers and no Dice?

So I Hope Joe has a clue to fix this. U can get a free account when there is IAE. As it is now. you can register for a FREE account.
Previous

Return to Other