FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Daoc patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Percy

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:21 am

Re: Daoc patch

Thanks LAX. Guess I was just kinda lazy and spoiled and havent taken the time to redo a layout. Will play with that tomorrow....Thanks for the update
<<

Percy

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Created a new team from scratch - no window layout...

I have three monitors so started with a team of three. Took defaults from the wizard, chose no window layout. Loaded the three players on the team and was able to alt tab initially to reset mouse and it seemed to track on all players screens. I moved player two and three to the other monitors and quit back to the char selection screen and lost all mouse abilities in those clients. I will try and use stacked clients on a single window but that really doesn't work for me as if someone looses stick or doesn't port, I wouldn't notice it right away as I did when I had the windows stacked on Monitor 2 or 3 with my driver on the main screen (I usually chose the first multi monitor option with maintain aspect, etc). I will keep playing with different setups and see if I can get one that works for me until patch. Will sign up for your beta now.
<<

nicksen

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am

Any updates here? Just reactivated my account and lost 10 days now and cant use it for daoc - sad story :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:07 am

Due to the annoying game developers changing things in their games, and then not doing it right, it has been decided to just go with a VideoFX layout, which handles the issues with DOAC.

To this end, the next release of ISBoxer will include a videoFX window layout option. This is currently under beta, which you can apply to join by following these instructions. This will then give you access to this...

If you don't want to do this (or wait for acceptance, which is manual), then you can create your own videofx Layout by following the guide outlined in this video.

It is unlikely that the mouse location issues with DoAC will be handled for the non-videofx layout style unless the DoAC devs fix their implementation. Not to say that it wont happen, but they have made it hard, and it is easier to just handle it differently.
<<

Percy

Post Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:55 am

bob wrote:Due to the annoying game developers changing things in their games, and then not doing it right, it has been decided to just go with a VideoFX layout, which handles the issues with DOAC.

To this end, the next release of ISBoxer will include a videoFX window layout option. This is currently under beta, which you can apply to join by following these instructions. This will then give you access to this...

If you don't want to do this (or wait for acceptance, which is manual), then you can create your own videofx Layout by following the guide outlined in this video.

It is unlikely that the mouse location issues with DoAC will be handled for the non-videofx layout style unless the DoAC devs fix their implementation. Not to say that it wont happen, but they have made it hard, and it is easier to just handle it differently.

Hey Bob, do you mind listing the steps to use the new version to work with DAoC like you did with LotRo? Ive given up trying to make this work. Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Hey Bob, do you mind listing the steps to use the new version to work with DAoC like you did with LotRo? Ive given up trying to make this work. Thanks in advance.

Do you mean the ISBoxer 42 Beta?

If you have the current version of the beta, and an existing Character Set, you can use the Window Layout Wizard, and before selecting a Window Layout Style, set "Use Video FX" to "True". This will automatically set up a DxNothing Character in your Character Set to host the Video FX views for the smaller regions. The only thing you need to do first is add DxNothing to Inner Space (this will probably be done automatically by ISBoxer 42 soon...), by using Add Game -- dxNothing.exe is in the Inner Space folder.

Otherwise just use the Quick Setup Wizard, add your usual DAOC Characters (do not manually add a DxNothing Character) and on the Window Layout page just do the same thing -- before selecting a Style, set "Use Video FX" to "True". Pick your style, then click Next. Same as above, it will automatically add DxNothing to your Character Set. Finish the rest of the wizard as per usual. I did my best to make this ... not difficult.

I am quite interested in feedback from any DAOC player on the beta. If you need help with it please come by the ISBoxer Chat Room
<<

Percy

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:14 pm

I am in the IRC channel for whenever you might free up LAX. I did as instructed with the BETA.

Dialogue Box:
Before I can export to inner space...
Window Layout "Testing 3" is assigned to Character Set "Testing 3" but has no region for Character Set Slot #4 (assuming this is the DXNothing Character)

Update: Looks like DXNothing was in there twice. Started from scratch and I'll keep testing
<<

Percy

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Frustrated and just venting...

Mouse seems to work and Ive tried several layouts. simple 1 through 0 does not seem to broadcast at all. Assists and Follows have never worked for me with DAoC so I have used simple macros for one through four.

Two macros set the driver and Assist as follows:

/macro makedr /macro driver /target %t
/macro makema /macro ma /assist %t

These two in-game macros let me toggle to the char window and click the main char I use. I click these two macros and assign them for each character to my driver and then setup 1 through 4 for each team member as follows:

1 = DRIVER (selects my main toon)
2 = /stick (in game macro)
3 = MA (all chars are supposed to assist my driver)
4 = /face (in game macro)

That leaves me 5 through 10 to use different attack abilities. If I am a tank group I dont use 4 (only casters).

With DXNothing setup in the Beta, the mouse does work as before but my ability to click on any char window to bring it to the main screen does not work. I use the CTRL+ALT+# to bring it forward. BUT now simple 1 through 0 do not seem to be working right at all. I target a mob and press 3 then 2 to have all toons target the mob and then stick it. They loose the mob target before I can even press 5 to use an attack style. I am sure that this is with the settings in the Wizard but Ive never really tried to do anything fancy with Multiboxing and this game, simple broadcasting. Since there are not that many people that are replying to all of this is there a better place to test things? My three buddies that had downloaded and paid have given up on this already. Perhaps I just go back to the production version and use the 1 through = broadcast, give up on the mouse and try to retrain myself in my use of multiboxing and DAoC (or just give up).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Sorry I missed you in the ISBoxer Chat Room - I came in a few minutes after you left apparently.

Thanks for confirming that the VFX layout system solves the intended problem with the mouse.

You should be able to use ISBoxer 42's Follow/Assist system -- you have already set up the necessary in-game keys for "Target Party Leader, then Follow/Assist Target". It says "Party Leader" in place of "Main Character", perhaps I'll change that because it doesn't really matter if it is the party leader or not, just that there is a key binding to target him, which you have. So you could select this in the Follow/Assist Mode drop-down, and then fill in "1" for "Target Party Leader", "2" for Follow Target, and 3 for Assist Target. After doing so, then Alt+A (by default) will press 1 then 3, and Alt+F (by default) will press 1 then 2.

Otherwise, to get the same behavior you were used to, you can just select "None" for the mode..

With DXNothing setup in the Beta, the mouse does work as before but my ability to click on any char window to bring it to the main screen does not work. I use the CTRL+ALT+# to bring it forward. BUT now simple 1 through 0 do not seem to be working right at all. I target a mob and press 3 then 2 to have all toons target the mob and then stick it. They loose the mob target before I can even press 5 to use an attack style. I am sure that this is with the settings in the Wizard but Ive never really tried to do anything fancy with Multiboxing and this game, simple broadcasting. Since there are not that many people that are replying to all of this is there a better place to test things? My three buddies that had downloaded and paid have given up on this already. Perhaps I just go back to the production version and use the 1 through = broadcast, give up on the mouse and try to retrain myself in my use of multiboxing and DAoC (or just give up).

I would be happy to peek at your configuration to see what went wrong for you. There should be no problem with 1 through = by default. If anything, I would suggest just making sure the 1 through = broadcasting options have assist and interact un-ticked, especially if you are pressing 1 2 3 and 4 on your own. (Noting that auto-assist would have to press 1 then 3..)

Remember that you are working with the beta, and I'm basically chomping at the bit waiting for you and any of your friends to provide some feedback instead of apparently giving up.
<<

nicksen

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:30 am

Tried to join beta 5 days ago.. still pending :(
PreviousNext

Return to Other