FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing Anarchy Online (new engine Beta) for Free

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Multiboxing Anarchy Online (new engine Beta) for Free

As of today, Anarchy Online's New Engine is in open beta on their Testlive server. It is now possible for anyone to fully multibox Anarchy Online with ISBoxer. This is free and does not require personal information or credit card, etc...

As per their site, AO is currently F2P:
Play Anarchy Online with no subscription fees until at least January 15th, 2016. Now includes the Notum Wars expansion!

Does not include Shadowlands expansion pack or Alien Invasion expansion pack, which must all be upgraded separately.

- Account remains free until at least 15th January 2016, this offer may be extended and you will be informed nearer to that date.
- Should you upgrade your account to have access to any expansions, the normal subscription payment will apply

So here's how to get started. First, grab the test client download and create your accounts.
1. Download the AO test client http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?614411-New-Graphics-Engine-NOW-available-on-Testlive! and begin the install. It will take a while to install, so set up your accounts while you wait.
2. Go to https://register.funcom.com to set up your Funcom account. Unless you already have one. You only need one Funcom account to hold your Anarchy Online (and Age of Conan for that matter) accounts.
3. Logged in to your Funcom account, for each AO account you want to set up, go to https://register.funcom.com/account/subscription/ctrl/create/anarchy/AO-FOR-FREE

Now you're ready to set up an ISBoxer team
1. Add the game to Inner Space. Right click IS and select Add Game, point it to Anarchy.exe
2. Use the ISBoxer Quick Setup Wizard. Anarchy Online is available in the game list, use it! (This was added some time ago during the closed beta) See known issue #1 below about Window Layout..
3. Launch your team

Known issues:
I'm currently working on these and may have a new development build of Inner Space tomorrow to correct them, but here's issues and possible workarounds for now.
1. First of all you may have problems with Window Layouts causing the game to crash -- possibly just ones that use instant swapping to smaller regions. You can work around it by either not using a Window Layout, or try one that doesn't use that (e.g. a Video FX alternative may work just fine)
2. Mouse Broadcasting cursors are de-synced by default. You may be able to work around this by enabling the Hardware Mouse option (in all windows) once in the game.

Gameplay tips:
The game does have both Follow and Assist, and it is possible to set up per-Slot, though Assist is Combat only. They give you Follow on the default action bar, but you'll have to make Assist. You can enter in /macro Assist /assist to make a button you can drop on the bar. You can move Follow and Assist to particular spots on the bar, and then configure the Assist Target and Follow Target Variable Keystrokes in ISBoxer (select Variable Keystrokes in top left pane) to match which buttons you've placed them on. From there, the default Slot-order Targeting should work for you to manually follow using Alt+F and assist (for Combat only) using Alt+A.

More information will be provided as it is discovered, fixes are provided, etc. Please share your experiences multiboxing the AO new engine beta. Thanks :)
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Multiboxing Anarchy Online (new engine Beta) for Free

WTF, the new engine came out!? :shock:
<<

j0achim

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Yes and now its out on live servers as well as of today!

Awesome seeing that AO is getting some love, I activated my account here again and bought a subscription as soon as I saw New Engine was out. I had trouble getting mouse look to work, how do I go about enabling hardware mouse option?

Oh and mouse is not shown in any overlay within Anarchy Online client, so a whole lot of guess work going on whenever wanting to use overlays.
<<

j0achim

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:41 am

A tip to anyone who MultiBox Anarchy Online, it is possible to skip "EULA" screen and "Patcher" screen by running AnarchyOnline.exe with a small set of simple parameters.

I am not entirely sure what these parameters contain so I wont post my own command line parameters, but I'll explain how to get them.

Run following in command prompt when you have started Anarchy Online (You do not need to be logged in, but you have to be at the actual login screen!)

Code:
wmic process where (description="AnarchyOnline.exe") get commandline

(optionally you can view command line in Task Manager as well)

Depending on the amount of clients that you are running you will see a set list of Anarchy Online Game Clients running and their specified command lines. Now each client will have same parameter layout, however you can start client without patcher & EULA scteen by just picking one of the parameters that you see in the given list. When the client have started you can see that the parameter value has changed. My guess this is some memory entry point value for the game client or something along those lines.

Anyhow the result should be something like this:

Code:
anarchyonline.exe FF000000000 FF0000 DU

How to test this:

Before you make the transition to use this permanently, test by opening command prompt navigate to your Anarchy Online folder and run (any) anarchyonline.exe FF000000000 FF0000 DU that you just found.

/j0achim
<<

Merfin

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 am

Key maps and click bars work for me, but video FX doesn't pick up the UI from other windows. The video FX viewer only shows the 3d rendered world. Am I doing something wrong? And as J0achim pointed out, the mouse cursor doesn't show up over any click bars or menus.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 am

Merfin wrote:video FX doesn't pick up the UI from other windows. The video FX viewer only shows the 3d rendered world. Am I doing something wrong? And as J0achim pointed out, the mouse cursor doesn't show up over any click bars or menus.

No. These are both artifacts of the game's design. I will see if I can work around it.
<<

ldkiller

Post Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:41 pm

Hello! I got error when launching 6 boxing and error pop up when first boxing login game

"an error occurred in the device reset callback function"

How to fix this?

Thanks!
Attachments
123.jpg
123.jpg (83.95 KiB) Viewed 27146 times
<<

Goldrat

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:42 am

I have same trouble with mouse-look not working when multiboxing AO from Innerspace.

This is fatal for AO Air-plane flying.
While in plane hold down the right mouse button, moving the mouse moves the nose of plane.
Point it up and run forward and go up in altitude.
If not going high, wildlifes will aggro.

Enabling Hardware Mouse option will solve this issue? How do I enable this?
Or any other solution for mouse-look, moving the noseo of plane works fine?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:40 am

Goldrat wrote:I have same trouble with mouse-look not working when multiboxing AO from Innerspace.

This is fatal for AO Air-plane flying.
While in plane hold down the right mouse button, moving the mouse moves the nose of plane.
Point it up and run forward and go up in altitude.
If not going high, wildlifes will aggro.

Enabling Hardware Mouse option will solve this issue? How do I enable this?
Or any other solution for mouse-look, moving the noseo of plane works fine?

Inner Space build 6093, now the development build of Inner Space, corrects this bug. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Let me know :)
<<

Goldrat

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 pm

I tried build 6093, and mouse-look works perfect.
Thank you for fast fix. :D

AO new engine is unstable though.
Client crashed in Rome zone with full grasses, with and without Innerspace.
So it is a ploblem of game itself.
Next

Return to Other