FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using ISBoxer in Rust

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SirTanTea

Post Mon May 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Using ISBoxer in Rust

So I am not quite sure if this is the correct place to ask but I am curious if there is a way I can make this software work with the game Rust. For reasons, the developers of Rust block macro software from running and I use a program that acts like macro software to run a gaming keypad on my main PC. Rust blocks this software and I am unable to play the game with my gaming keypad.

I am wondering if I could use this software to run my gaming keypad on a second PC and have the key strokes mirrored onto my main PC, effectively letting me continue gaming in Rust with my gaming keypad.

I've tried tinkering with the software to see if I could get it to run Rust but I get an error "inner space launcher error code -20" which I have no idea what it means and google isn't helping.

Any and all help is appreciated,
SirTanTea
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 05, 2015 5:26 am

Re: Using ISBoxer in Rust

I've tried tinkering with the software to see if I could get it to run Rust but I get an error "inner space launcher error code -20" which I have no idea what it means and google isn't helping.

IS launcher error codes are technical codes that tell me a specific point of failure in the code. It's not generally useful to you as the user -- all you really need to know is that Inner Space is failing to execute the exe file (I hope it's an exe file, if not that would be related).

the developers of Rust block macro software from running

If they are using something along the lines of GameGuard to do that, then chances are Inner Space (and therefore ISBoxer) is not going to work with the game whether I spend time on it or not. What are they doing to block software? This could be directly causing the launcher error.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 05, 2015 5:31 am

Re: Using ISBoxer in Rust

lax wrote:What are they doing to block software? This could be directly causing the launcher error.

I looked at this last night when the OP appeared. Rust uses 3 different techs which may be the blocker:

Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) (always enabled)
Cheatpunch (their homegrown system). Optional on server startup; the developer provided servers seems to be enabled.
Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) (experimental dev branch)

Return to Other