FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

help with Trove

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 am

Re: help with Trove

when I try to launch Trove from a Glyph instance started by InnerSpace it throws an error. . . . Can anyone confirm that their Glyph + Trove still launches when run through InnerSpace?

Yep it launches fine. Anyone having trouble with an error should share what kind of error it is.

i am also having this problem, although even with the updated version it is still buggy any suggestions?

Can you please provide details as to what problem you're having? I don't know what "this problem" is, or what "it is still buggy" means -- what is buggy how?

EDIT/UPDATE: THESE GOTCHAS BELOW ARE NO LONGER THE CASE. YOU MAY USE THE GLYPH SETTING TO AUTO-CLOSE GLYPH WHEN TROVE IS LAUNCHED.

Just make sure Glyph is already closed when launching your team.

There ARE (* used to be) a couple gotchas with Trove, as detailed earlier in this thread. These are not obvious and I'll have to make a wiki entry and/or video demonstrating multiboxing this game. But here they are again.

First, when launching your team for Trove, there is a little bit of a workaround required. ISBoxer can only launch the next game instance once the game is running and Glyph is closed, but Trove needs Glyph running as it starts up due to its login process.
1. Close any running instance of Glyph
2. Launch your team through ISBoxer or Inner Space
3. Click Play in Glyph (log in to a different account first if needed)
4. After the game instance has loaded, manually close Glyph
5. Manually re-launch your ISBoxer Character Set to continue launching the next slot (Step 5 is to repeat Step 2-4 until your team is launched)

Secondly, as discussed earlier in the thread, Trove is an OpenGL game, as opposed to a Direct3D game. This limits the functionality of Window Layouts (this is the same for all OpenGL games including Minecraft), such that if you selected a fairly standard Window Layout during the Quick Setup Wizard with big and small windows and instant swapping, the smaller game windows are going to look like the top left corner of a big window. The correct solution for Trove and all other OpenGL games is to make them remain the same size. Additionally, you can use Video FX to see smaller views of your game windows instead of actual small windows; see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc for detailed instructions.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 am

lax wrote:Secondly, as discussed earlier in the thread, Trove is an OpenGL game, as opposed to a Direct3D game. This limits the functionality of Window Layouts (this is the same for all OpenGL games including Minecraft), such that if you selected a fairly standard Window Layout during the Quick Setup Wizard with big and small windows and instant swapping, the smaller game windows are going to look like the top left corner of a big window. The correct solution for Trove and all other OpenGL games is to make them remain the same size. Additionally, you can use Video FX to see smaller views of your game windows instead of actual small windows; see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc for detailed instructions.

You can try running Trove in DirectX mode, which may provide for better Window Layout support, although it is DirectX 10 only, which apparently is only supported on 64bit games (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Supported_Operating_Systems). Does Trove have a x64 executable?

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread. ... X-renderer!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Good news! Thanks bob for the info!

Luckily, Trove's DirectX renderer is actually DirectX 11, but they are targeting the DirectX 10 hardware level. (This is what is meant by "The renderer currently targets the DirectX 10_0 profile. This means that if you have a really old card that only supports the 9_3 profile, the DirectX renderer won't work. ")

ISBoxer 41.10.1128.1 adds new Trove-specific changes (changelog)
Trove: Added to Games list, including Virtual Files for GlyphClient.cfg and Trove.cfg. ISBoxer will set Trove to DirectX mode via the virtualized Trove.cfg.

What this means is that what I said earlier about Window Layouts is no longer the case for multiboxing Trove. You may use any standard Window Layout as of this update. To apply this change to an existing Character Set:
1. Update ISBoxer to 41.10.1128.1 or later via Help->About
2. Use the Virtual File Wizard, and select "Trove" in the game drop-down box.
3. Click Next in the wizard, then select each Character to apply it to
4. Click Finish in the wizard
5. Export to Inner Space!

ISBoxer should automatically virtualize Trove.cfg at that point, and in the virtualized (ISBoxer-specific) copies it will set to directx mode :)

So other than the quirk with Glyph having to be open as Trove loads up, and then manually closed, and manually continue the launch process ... that should be it!
<<

buddydoggie200

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:33 am

lax wrote:Good news! Thanks bob for the info!

Luckily, Trove's DirectX renderer is actually DirectX 11, but they are targeting the DirectX 10 hardware level. (This is what is meant by "The renderer currently targets the DirectX 10_0 profile. This means that if you have a really old card that only supports the 9_3 profile, the DirectX renderer won't work. ")

ISBoxer 41.10.1128.1 adds new Trove-specific changes (changelog)
Trove: Added to Games list, including Virtual Files for GlyphClient.cfg and Trove.cfg. ISBoxer will set Trove to DirectX mode via the virtualized Trove.cfg.

What this means is that what I said earlier about Window Layouts is no longer the case for multiboxing Trove. You may use any standard Window Layout as of this update. To apply this change to an existing Character Set:
1. Update ISBoxer to 41.10.1128.1 or later via Help->About
2. Use the Virtual File Wizard, and select "Trove" in the game drop-down box.
3. Click Next in the wizard, then select each Character to apply it to
4. Click Finish in the wizard
5. Export to Inner Space!

ISBoxer should automatically virtualize Trove.cfg at that point, and in the virtualized (ISBoxer-specific) copies it will set to directx mode :)

So other than the quirk with Glyph having to be open as Trove loads up, and then manually closed, and manually continue the launch process ... that should be it!

I'm still having the same problem after following all those steps. Can't do a 360 because it's always centering the cursor for one of the 2 windows i'm running. Even when I make the layouts the same size
<<

MrTT

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:52 pm

lax wrote:
when I try to launch Trove from a Glyph instance started by InnerSpace it throws an error. . . . Can anyone confirm that their Glyph + Trove still launches when run through InnerSpace?

There ARE a couple gotchas with Trove, as detailed earlier in this thread. These are not obvious and I'll have to make a wiki entry and/or video demonstrating multiboxing this game. But here they are again.

First, when launching your team for Trove, there is a little bit of a workaround required. ISBoxer can only launch the next game instance once the game is running and Glyph is closed, but Trove needs Glyph running as it starts up due to its login process.
1. Close any running instance of Glyph
2. Launch your team through ISBoxer or Inner Space
3. Click Play in Glyph (log in to a different account first if needed)
4. After the game instance has loaded, manually close Glyph
5. Manually re-launch your ISBoxer Character Set to continue launching the next slot (Step 5 is to repeat Step 2-4 until your team is launched)

ive been running trove without glyph for a few weeks now. all you gotta do is put a very long command line after the Trove.exe in the shortcut like this.

Its their official answer to.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Trove\Live\Trove.exe" -C '[LobbyServer] Address = 208.94.25.13:6560' -C '[Auth] ServerAddress =https://auth.trionworlds.com' -C '[Options] EnvironmentName = beta'

yeah the whole shebang is needed to start trove without glyph.
I tried that line in ISboxer without success so i searched for an answer and found out you need glyph to run it through isboxer, this might be a possible fix for that. I dont mind running through Virtualized Glyph files either, its not a big issue at all.

Setting it up now and it seems to work great!.
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Presumably if you Add Game and update your Character settings in ISBoxer, or edit your existing Game Profile you should be able to launch Trove directly without Glyph via ISBoxer.

Although I guess it may be looking for a launcher process of some description so may need a wee update.
<<

BeardyBeast

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 am

There ARE a couple gotchas with Trove, as detailed earlier in this thread. These are not obvious and I'll have to make a wiki entry and/or video demonstrating multiboxing this game. But here they are again.

Did you make those guides Iax? If not do you know if its still possible to launch it the way you described. I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.
<<

ussmbox

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:30 pm

BeardyBeast wrote:There ARE a couple gotchas with Trove, as detailed earlier in this thread. These are not obvious and I'll have to make a wiki entry and/or video demonstrating multiboxing this game. But here they are again.

Did you make those guides Iax? If not do you know if its still possible to launch it the way you described. I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello.

I start Trove like any other game, ISBoxer launches Glyph and I login on my main account and launch the game. As soon as the game is launched, I logout of Glyph and log in to the next account. I do this to all 5 accounts are launched. At first they are all launched as client 1. Large screen layout and everything. But once they are all launched I just relaunch Trove via InnerSpace and it fixes them into the order I want them.

I will try the way Lax described next time, atm I am sitting in queue. Also remember that there is no follow in this game. What I do is I keep friends list on my 4 alt accounts open with mouse broadcaster on account #2. I run to where I want to be with my primary, like a rooftop of a dungeon, or below ground near lots of mining spots. Then I use hotkey to go to secondary account and quad join click on my main account. Once they are all teleported I do my business. Works quite well.
<<

sadkitten

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 am

I've read this thread quite a bit and I must be experiencing something different than others. I've tried the fixes I could here but nothing seems to work. When I launch glyph using innerspace I get an error handler report, once I click to submit the report and restart glyph it will come up normally. The problem is innerspace isn't putting anything into windows and nothing is broad casting no matter what I try. I've made the shortcuts to the trove.exe but when I use innerspace to launch that, it crashes and I send in a report each time. The shortcuts that are listed in this thread are outdated, as it will just tell you that the auth server is down so that workaround is no longer good.

I've also tried launching several instances of trove and logging in each one in its own window, but again innerspace wont actually do anything but launch glyph and then restart another instance to log in. It wont put any of the instances I've logged in into their own windows, or allow any broad casting of any kind. Let me know if you need any information, I'm dead in the water.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 am

Are you launching your team via one of the 3 proscribed methods noted in the Quick Start Guide.

Quick Start Guide wrote:After you have Exported to Inner Space, your Character Set should now be available for launching. To launch your team, use one of the following 3 methods:
  1. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set (preferred method).
  2. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
  3. To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut

Other things:

Who are you submitting your crash report to? To Lax? You might want to provide a diagnostic http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics.

You can't launch a game and then have InnerSpace/ISBoxer connect to it afterwards. It doesn't work that way. Most of the initialisation stuff needs to happen before the game launches which is why you must use InnerSpace to launch the team.

You could dig out any new/changed command line parameters, or a new auth server name by checking out to see what the command line for Trove.exe is like if you launch a game normally. You can get the command line from the Task Manager (Processes tab, View menu, Select Columns, tick Command Line). There are other tools too which are somewhat better to use because you can copy the launched command line, e.g. Process Explorer.
PreviousNext

Return to Trove