FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Arc Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Suzera

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Re: Arc Launcher

I forgot about the "trick this program into thinking it is foreground" option. It works with that.

You have to make arcosoverlay.exe into a virtual file as far as I can tell. Launching more than 2 seems to screw with which character is in which slot. Like slot 3 will snag the character from slot 2 and not launch another arc client. I still don't have a way to reliably launch 3, though maybe I screwed something up.

Presumably they are making multi-clienting easier later.

E: I think something is wrong with my third arc client copy. Whatever the case, running them all on one copy seems to work for launching 3. Still seem to need to virtualize arcosoverlay though, but I'll experiment more with that later maybe.
<<

hellryu

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Suzera wrote:I forgot about the "trick this program into thinking it is foreground" option. It works with that.

You have to make arcosoverlay.exe into a virtual file as far as I can tell. Launching more than 2 seems to screw with which character is in which slot. Like slot 3 will snag the character from slot 2 and not launch another arc client. I still don't have a way to reliably launch 3, though maybe I screwed something up.

Presumably they are making multi-clienting easier later.

E: I think something is wrong with my third arc client copy. Whatever the case, running them all on one copy seems to work for launching 3. Still seem to need to virtualize arcosoverlay though, but I'll experiment more with that later maybe.

Hmm, your mouse and keyboard work perfectly in-game? I have uninstalled isboxer/innerspace and still nothing. I must have fucked something up, gonna see what's up and install isboxer on another machine.
<<

Suzera

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Be sure to use the foreground option.
<<

hellryu

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Suzera wrote:Be sure to use the foreground option.

Yup, I've done all that, I ended up installing onto another computer and same thing. what type of game control do you use? I try setting it up with "Action RPG."
<<

Suzera

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 am

Sometimes the mouse flips out for a while when first clicking in the window. Just let it go for a bit with the mouse pointer in the window until it stops then exit and reenter action mode.

Sometimes launching different characters still wants to snag the session of previously opened characters which makes it difficult to keep them in the right regions. Still haven't found a reliable way around that.

E: In case it helps someone, it snags the most recently launched slot on trying to launch the arc launcher again. Not every time though.
<<

hellryu

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 am

Suzera wrote:Sometimes the mouse flips out for a while when first clicking in the window. Just let it go for a bit with the mouse pointer in the window until it stops then exit and reenter action mode.

Sometimes launching different characters still wants to snag the session of previously opened characters which makes it difficult to keep them in the right regions. Still haven't found a reliable way around that.

E: In case it helps someone, it snags the most recently launched slot on trying to launch the arc launcher again. Not every time though.

Can you upload your ISBoxer setting for me please? :) And what do you mean exit and reenter action mode? Also, my mouse doesn't flip out, it just doesn't register my clicks :/, when I hover my cursor over a server/login button the button shines, but when I try to click it doesn't even register, and I have it where the game is in the foreground.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:52 am

Inner Space build 6019, now the development build of Inner Space, improves compatibility with both Arc Launcher and Swordsman Online. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

To launch Swordsman Online through Inner Space, use Add Game and point IS at Arc.exe. Use ISBoxer's Quick Setup Wizard to create your team, just select "Other" on the first page and the "Make game believe it is foreground window" option (discussed earlier in the thread by folks who either did not use the wizard or did not select Other) will be checked for you automatically. A near-future ISBoxer update will add Swordsman Online to the drop-down. Use the Game and Game Profile that you added to IS for Arc.

After creating your team with the Quick Setup Wizard, add a Virtual File called config.ini. You do not need any other Virtual Files for this game (ArcOsOverlay.exe, discussed earlier in the thread, is handled a different way internally). It's easy to do, right click "Virtual Files" in the top left pane, type "config.ini" with no quotes in the "Filename to virtualize" box (leave the drop-down at Other), and select your Swordsman Online characters on the next page. A near-future ISBoxer update will add Swordsman Online to the drop-down and virtualize config.ini. This file makes it so the Arc Launcher's auto-login feature works for each of your accounts, so you don't have to enter your password after logging in the first time with ISBoxer. (yay!)

Export to Inner Space after making changes in ISBoxer.

To launch the team:
1. Close Arc. ISBoxer will need to launch it.
2. Launch your team, or just Slot 1 since only 1 slot is going to be able to launch at a time with this process
3. Make sure you log in the correct account in Arc
4. Launch Swordsman Online via Arc
5. Click Launch in the Swordsman Online patcher
6. At this point the game window will come up, the SOL (can I just call it that?) patcher will close, but Arc stays open
7. Click to log into a server (doing this later in the process may give an incorrect password message)
8. Terminate Arc. Arc will not let you close it the usual way. I am killing it with Windows Task Manager, and so can you: press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to bring it up, find Arc, select it and click End Task.
9. Launch your team or just the next slot; repeat from Step 3 until your team is launched!

That should more or less cover getting your characters online! For gameplay questions/tips (how to follow/assist, etc) let's do new threads. Keep this thread solely about launching the game via Arc; thanks!
<<

Suzera

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Everything seems to work properly with a little bit of testing. The slot grabbing seems to not happen now either.
lax wrote: the SOL (can I just call it that?)!

But we're not SOL. This worked great!
Attachments
swordsman2.xml
Current config file if needed still
(27.34 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
<<

Suzera

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 am

The patcher doesn't seem to want to launch from the arc client anymore.

Works fine outside inner space.
<<

hellryu

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52 am

Suzera wrote:The patcher doesn't seem to want to launch from the arc client anymore.

Works fine outside inner space.

you're having the problem still suzera? I have another computer that works fine with it, but my main computer still has the problem. Anyone know why?
Previous

Return to Other