<<

Skarling

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 am

Re: Allods Online Support?

<<

Skarling

Post Mon May 19, 2014 5:36 am

New race in Allods coming soon, I would totally like to play a team of these ones :)

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/16 ... ods-online
<<

Skarling

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 am

Quick update. Having been banned from RIFT for boxing and being sick of LotRO for the time being, I have toyed with Allods a bit more by creating a new team of the above furry Priden darlings and doing a few quests on the starter island. Some issues:

(a) While "assist" is an in-game keybind ("F"), there is no "follow" keybind and you have to use either (set to press Or release)

Step 1: Enter
Step 2: Keystring /Follow
Enter
or create separate keymaps for F,O,L,O,W letters and spell it out in Step 2 before "Enter". Keymaps for letters are a must because Allods will combine two "L"s in "follow" as input "Folow" if you use letters as keystrokes in Step 2 instead. I have alphabet keymap for such cases, so no big deal. However, using it works about 75% of the time, sometimes I need to press this follow mapped key a few times to force slaves to obey. I noticed It becomes worse if I switch between windows before pressing "follow" (e.g. after selecting quest rewards) with some toons obeying the command and some - not.

"Interact with Target" is perfect on the other hand. You do not even need to be targeting the object or an NPC, being near is enough. The in-game keybind is "Z" and it works for every situation - loot, talk etc.

(b) Mouse issues - using both mouse buttons and shifting your mouse to run and direct your toon (like in most MMOs) results in your cursor position ending up either on the right or left side of your screen (depending on where you shifted your mouse to steer the toon), as if it followed horisontal mouse movements even while hidden. Very weird and first time I see that.

(c) There are no macros in-game and no substitutes via addons. The game is quite challenging and complex and I foresee trouble ahead. What's annoying is inability to supress UI splash error messages while adopting priority cast method (pressing 1,2,3,4,5 simultaneously to trigger reactives and "kill blow" kind of abilities ahead of regular ones. Those abilities with CD are easily dealt with via "step state" action and timers.

There is no immediate response or action required to this post, Lax. If you have free time, I'd appreciate you looking into (a) and (b), otherwise it is low priority. The game (and Pridens) are charming enough to keep it on the radar.
Previous

Return to Other