FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Earth Eternal Innerspace + Isboxer Setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jasin

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Earth Eternal Innerspace + Isboxer Setup

Hello,

After 3 hours of reading documentation and going through several support page, I think I hit a brick wall. Does any one have any experience trying to set up Earth Eternal for innerspace and ixboxer? I posted the game website below.

Game: Earth Eternal
Brief summary: Free Browser based MMO but there is a client version

The problem is the automatic add game will not work because from what I see the game required a launcher to be ran. That launcher will attempt to access a file on a server then patch your files. After it patches, then it launceh another exe that runs the game. When I tried to bypass this launcher and run that exe I get the "No composition specified, exiting" errors.

From what I read, this error is video card specific but the problem is I run the game fine without passing it through innerspace. So its something else I am missing.

Below is the setup I tried to use for game config.

Replace <path> with your path but you get the picture. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

PS: I do have the development files for innerspace so i hope its something small that I am missing here.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Earth Eternal Innerspace + Isboxer Setup

It's perfectly fine that the game uses a launcher -- many games that are compatible with ISBoxer do this including LOTRO, Runes of Magic, Aion if you point it to the launcher instead of aion.bin with some specific parameters, WoW if you point it to the launcher instead of wow.exe, EverQuest 1 if you point it to the launcher instead of eqgame.exe with a specific parameter, and so on.

In order to make it compatible with the launcher, I need to know the executable name of the launcher -- ISBoxer needs to be told that it's a launcher or it may interpret it as the game itself.

I'm looking on the game's web site but not seeing a downloadable version
<<

Jasin

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Edit: Sorry let me find the direct link. I was in too much of a rush to finish an errand.

Edit2: I couldn't find the link so here's a direct link hosted on website.

Install client
Last edited by Jasin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Jasin

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Lax,

Sorry about the post and run hehe. I was in the middle of something and saw your post so I wanted to give you something to work with. Anyway im back now and was able to re-read your post again.

I was actually trying to use the launcher and use the parameter:

-play_url="http://static.beta.eartheternal.com/Release/Current/EarthEternal.car"

which is what my icon uses. From there I got it working all the way up to the part where it actually launches the game (well attempt to at least). This is where Im currently stuck at.

The launcher is called "Update.exe".

Return to Other