FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing in LOTRO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lotromultiboxing

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Multiboxing in LOTRO

Last edited by lotromultiboxing on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Nonpareil

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Multiboxing in LOTRO

Howdy:

The new expansion doesn't seem (yet?) to play well with Innerspace/ISBoxer. Your videos are part of what inspired me to give LotRO a shot, actually, although I'm not sure 5 Runekeepers is a particularly good idea. I got a guardian and 5 runekeepers up to deep into Moria at which point hearing all the "looking for minstrels, looking for captains, looking for champions, looking for etc." made me realize, I _never_ hear those raiders saying, "looking for runekeepers". Not that I want to raid, necessarily, but it did make me realize that runekeepers kind of lack a little in terms of buffs.

Also, hunters are totally awesome, being able to teleport all over the place.

Anyway, here's hoping the issue with Innerspace/ISBoxer and the Siege of Mirkwood expansion gets resolved/fixed/whatever.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 pm

You may need to try switching to the Development build of Inner Space, if you have not.

To do so, right click IS running in the system tray, and select Patcher. Then check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart IS.
<<

lotromultiboxing

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Nonpareil wrote:Howdy:

The new expansion doesn't seem (yet?) to play well with Innerspace/ISBoxer. Your videos are part of what inspired me to give LotRO a shot, actually, although I'm not sure 5 Runekeepers is a particularly good idea. I got a guardian and 5 runekeepers up to deep into Moria at which point hearing all the "looking for minstrels, looking for captains, looking for champions, looking for etc." made me realize, I _never_ hear those raiders saying, "looking for runekeepers". Not that I want to raid, necessarily, but it did make me realize that runekeepers kind of lack a little in terms of buffs.

Also, hunters are totally awesome, being able to teleport all over the place.

Anyway, here's hoping the issue with Innerspace/ISBoxer and the Siege of Mirkwood expansion gets resolved/fixed/whatever.

I think RKs are the best class to multibox, very good DPS, mobility (most of the lighting skills are insta-cast), and nice healing (with the heal stones you don't even need a dedicated healers most of the time)
But I will have to agree with you that they are not much needed in raids, cause they are not the best at dps or at healing
And the worst class to multibox would be a Warden, cause of the gambits (and they are not needed for raids either, why would you need a warden if you have a guardian), but I wanted to try a warden cause I already have a high lvl guardian. (and a LM and burglar)

After getting tired of the Aion grind I'm back to lotro and I'll pick up where I left off, so I still need to do the high lvl dungeons before I try the new expansion content.

I'll post the updates here.
<<

Nonpareil

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Howdy:

My favorite thing about the heal totems isn't the healing (although obviously it's pretty awesome times five). What I actually like more is that they are little agro magnets and they're surprisingly tough little buggers. Not like WoW with 5 hit points or whatever. In LotRO, they can take a beating.

On the other hand, RKs don't have much in the way of buffs and debuffs. Assuming Lax gets things working again (the development build unfortunately didn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong, though), I might wind up doing something like a tank, 3 rks, a lore master, and a hunter. ;)
<<

lotrodude

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 am

I set up ISBOXER to run LOTRO on December 6, 2009 and no problems. Running Vista64.
<<

lotromultiboxing

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Showing my new team:
1 Minstrel
5 Lore-Masters

I'll still be uploading videos of my other team of WD/RKs, I just wanted to see the changes they did to the Lone Lands first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXIUaWYB7hg&fmt=22

And don't forget to vote for it if you like my multiboxing series, cause it will help me keep making more videos ;)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=99
<<

kasmar45

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Nice videos Lotromulti.. How about a video showing how you set that up ?
<<

lotromultiboxing

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:09 pm

kasmar45 wrote:Nice videos Lotromulti.. How about a video showing how you set that up ?

I did a basic how-to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3nVOh4-QA&fmt=22
I will do an advanced video soon.
<<

lotromultiboxing

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 am

Next

Return to Videos