ADamrl018

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 pm

10 Box Eve Online

<<

enth

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: 10 Box Eve Online

This is very impressive!
Its hard to see on the video though what exactly you did, care to explain a bit more? (just the general concept, no necessarrily every single step of how to set it up)

thanks and great work!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:37 am

Well, I'm not him and certainly he can speak for himself, but I can chime in here :)

I believe he's got 3 monitors. The center looks like a pretty normal window, "the main window".

On either side of the main window he's got dxNothing windows. dxNothing is a Direct3D app I wrote that doesn't actually do anything on its own. This makes it ideal for use as a stand-in, blank "game window" for ISBoxer -- you can place any ISBoxer widgets in them! See http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1222 for details on setting this up.

In his dxNothing windows he's got Video FX (<-- that link has all of the information you want and more). I believe I see Overview, HUD/Modules, and Targeting, among other things? I'm no EVE expert ;) Anyway, this gives you visibility and -- importantly -- efficient use of the space on your monitors. PLUS you can mouse over to ANY of those pieces and interact with what you're looking at with the mouse and keyboard.

Then to do things at the same time in more than one window, commonly in EVE this is done with Broadcasting mode (Shift+Alt+R by default). With most other games we usually prefer to use the keyboard, and use Key Maps to map specific behaviors to specific buttons. Broadcasting mode, conversely, just does exactly the same thing you do in each window (.. that broadcasting is set to go to; mining+hauler configurations usually broadcast only to the miner and not the hauler. FAQ: How do I broadcast only to certain windows, and leave out others?). Since there's so much mousing to do, Broadcasting mode is generally more useful in this game than Key Maps. Both can be used together though, with Key Maps (or, more specifically, Hotkeys) overriding broadcasting. (i.e. if broadcasting is enabled and you press W, it presses W in all. if W is mapped, and both broadcasting AND key maps are enabled, it does not press W in all unless that's what the map says to do).

That's pretty much it I think. :)
<<

Drokoth

Post Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 am

How do you record the entire screen in this way? i have tried frapsing but its only recording the main window that i have as the main window when i turn it on..
Looking at making and posting my own videos pve and pvping with multiple ships.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Drokoth wrote:How do you record the entire screen in this way? i have tried frapsing but its only recording the main window that i have as the main window when i turn it on..
Looking at making and posting my own videos pve and pvping with multiple ships.

Gotta start recording with FRAPS before you start your games, however, if you're not running Surround or Eyefinity you can't capture more than 1 monitor at a time.

Return to Videos